Quick simple openstack + hyper-v installation
I’m trying to use the cli to add a static route to my Ubuntu Desktop 16.04 computer, but it’s not working. I’m using the classic ip route command: ip route add x.x.x.0/24 through y.y.y.y dev eno1 (hide the actual addresses here), and I’m getting this error: RTNETLINK responds: The network is down. My computer can use its default gateway to connect to y.y.y.y. The actual routing from the default gateway to y.y.y.y, which will route to x.x.x.x, has already been configured and is operational.
I understand that /etc/network/interfaces should be used in Ubuntu 16.04, and that /etc/netplan should be used in Ubuntu 18.04 and higher versions, but my /etc/network/interfaces file is completely empty (probably because of the dhcp method).
Only a Layer-2 Broadcast Domain can be routed by your computer. This means that, with the exception of a router, you cannot identify a next-hop on another logical network (ignoring more advanced networking; this is a Ubuntu forum). In a “traditional” private network, the “/24” network range (also known as 192.168.0.0/24 or 255.255.255.0 CIDR) is used.
How to fix “device eth0 does not seem to be present” after
Why does this work in the Windows graphical user interface but not in Linux? Why is it that my linux laptop is unable to add the routes? What do I need to do to get this attempted configuration to function on both Windows and Linux? Is there something simple that I’m overlooking?
us=796445 Sat Jul 19 15:03:18 2014 ‘V4,dev-type tap,link-mtu 1602,tun-mtu 1532,proto UDPv4,comp-lzo,keydir 1,cipher AES-256-CBC,auth SHA256,keysize 256,tls-auth,key-method 2,tls-client’ is a string of local options.
us=796687 Sat Jul 19 15:03:18 2014 ‘V4,dev-type tap,link-mtu 1602,tun-mtu 1532,proto UDPv4,comp-lzo,keydir 0,cipher AES-256-CBC,auth SHA256,keysize 256,tls-auth,key-method 2,tls-server’ is the planned remote options string.
“no” requires scripts to use the tap interface in up and down directions. I have an up and down script that uses ifup/ifdown with the tap0 interface specified. After that, I modified my client’s configuration file to: Code: Select allclient explicit-exit-notify 2By adding the route-delay, script-security, up, and down directives, I was able to get the tap interface to come up and make a DHCP request for an IP address before adding the routes. Now that that’s done, it appears that I’ll be able to use tap with dhcp on both Linux and Windows. This may be a valuable addition to the setup wiki papers.
Static route add error siocaddrt: no such process in
I receive network is unreachable via ip route aws pub ip> via 192.168.250.250. According to my research, the problem is triggered by the next hop being on the same subnet as the default gateway and/or not being linked directly. So I tried adding the firewall’s WAN IP, which I can ping, but the result is the same.
It’s possible to give the device a more precise path, such as default via 192.168.250.1 and 184.108.40.206 via 192.168.250.250. You’ll just get a network is unreachable error if you try to build a path that isn’t directly available from your subnet. So, with 192.168.250.98/24 as your interface,
I believe it would be difficult to assist without more accurate details. Could you share the performance of ip ro sh and the failed ip ro add? It’d be best if you showed us exactly what you’re running in case you’re masking an unnoticed typo by adjusting things before you publish it…
Bridged network not working on oracle linux (virtual box
I’ve been attempting to use Jetson tx1 for the past month. Jetpack 2.2.1 64-bit was installed. It has a keybord locking function. Then I downloaded and installed Jetpack 2.2.1 32-bit. It was fine, but I had to rush through the ‘monitor closing’ phase.
An OOPS message is depicted in the picture. It’s possible that this ended up in a log file in “/var/log/,” such as kern.log, dmesg, or syslog. If the issue isn’t caused by the above-mentioned web URL, the OOPS log becomes more relevant. It would be beneficial to have a copy.
When the wifi firmware is defective, it causes problems in other parts of the device. Once this is ruled out as a factor, it’s basically just normal DHCP configuration, such as ensuring firewalls don’t interfere, ensuring the router has the MAC address if protection is activated, and so on.
Regrettably, it seems that the logs did not make it. I found they were in PDF format, that they were being scanned, and that they gradually disappeared. The log files in question should be able to function with just “.txt” names; I’m not sure where the PDF came from, but it might be one of the reasons they didn’t connect.